The Match Artist is seeking a part or full time photographer to join our fast growing company. We are seeking a candidate in Chicago IL, but would consider other locations for the right candidate.
The Match Artist transforms online dating profiles through intriguing and artistic photography. We specialize in facial expression coaching, body language, and leading the industry in being able to get the most variety out of each session.
This position will photograph clients both locally and in a number of cities around the U.S. A typical session will last 4-6 hours.
For each shoot you will be responsible for:
- Reading through the client's questionnaire + brainstorming with them on a phone call about potential shoot ideas.
- Put together a tentative itinerary for what will be covered during the shoot.
- 4-6 hour shoot with client (see below for what a typical shoot might look like)
- Edit photos and upload to The Match Artist repository
- Communicate with operation team when photos are finished
Here is an example of what is sent to the clients to better give them a sense of what a shoot might look like:
What a day in the job looks like
We want to be as thorough as possible to enable you to show our client's personality in photographs. You will be working with our client's to teach them the following skills.
- Facial Expression Coaching
- How to dress for their shoot
- General Prep
Before each shoot you will work with our clients to create a fun life style shoot. You will plan locations, ideas, and what you're looking to get out of the shoot.
Day of Shoot
Each shoot is tailored to our clients interests, but here are some general similarities among most shoots.
This will depend on the situation, but often times it will start at the client's home or a hotel. We need a base location to keep our clothing / props.
You'll go through the facial expression coaching in person in front of a mirror with our client. You will help our clients pick out the best clothes in their wardrobe for their shoot.
You'll take some initial headshots with the lighting equipment. You will need to perfect our signature moody look.
After the headshots we begin taking lifestyle photos. We're trying to make these photos look like they weren't taken on the same day. To do this, you'll be helping our clients switch shirts, and alternating their appearance. You'll capture our client's unique hobbies we can (cooking, yoga, piano, etc) and show them in their bestlight.
At this point you'll bring our clients to visit an area with a number of options available for shooting. A central place with cafes, bars, and restaurants. You'll get shots of the client being social in these areas, as well as walking shots, sitting on a bench, etc - whatever happens spontaneously in the moment.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Perform work as needed on a 1099 contract basis.
- High School/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Previous photography experience
- Previous experience in a customer service or guest facing role.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation and insurance. * * Must be reliable punctual, and capable of following an appointment schedule.
- Comfortable working and troubleshooting independently.
- Tech savvy, and proficient with computers.
- Comfortable working at a fast pace while on your feet most of the day.
- Presentable and personable, understanding that customers deserve excellent service.
- Has a positive attitude, good sense of humor, and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong communication skills, organized, and detail oriented.